De Klerk & De Villiers Insurance Brokers cc Short term Brokerage Port Elizabeth
Underwriting opportunity in Short Term Insurance with a well establish Short Term Insurance Brokerage:
– Salary will be based on qualifications and experience.
– Dynamic commercial/ personal short-term insurance underwriters needed.
– Must be able to work independently and have at the very least have three years’ experience in the industry with RE exams behind them.
– Proof of qualifications and regulatory exams is a pre-requisite.
– A recognized qualification as per the FSCA list or if prior to 2009 60 credits at NQF Level 4.
– Regulatory exams : RE 1
(RE 5 would be a bonus)
– Compliant with FAIS and Continuous Professional Development (“CPD”) requirements as set out in the Determination of Fit and Proper Requirements for Financial Services Providers, 2017, in respect of the current CPD cycle. 18 hours proven in a competence register with evidence of CPD activities
– Have no criminal record and not been declared insolvent by a court of law or in the process of being declared insolvent.
We are looking for experienced commercial and or domestic underwriters. The successful candidate must have experience in all classes of insurance and be able to produce accurate and professional work.
– Retention of existing business.
– Request quotations for clients and closing thereof.
– Follow up on underwriting.
– Advising clients on their short term insurance needs.
– Renewals of policies.
– Developing relationships with clients, product providers, colleagues etc.
– Dealing with service providers.
– Attending job specific training.
Please note the minimum requirements for this position is as follows :
* Very good communication skills (both written & verbal: Minimum requirement: English & Afrikaans).
* NQF Level 4 in Short-Term Insurance Commercial Lines (complete full qualification as set by regulation – 150 credits) will be to the advantage of the applicant.
* Successfully completed the RE Examination Level 1
Relevant working experience essential
~ Negotiating skills
~ Interpersonal skills
~ Problem solving and analysis
~ Cross functional awareness
~ Plan, organizes and follow ups
~ Seeking sales opportunities
~ Computer literacy
Should you not be contacted for an interview within 4 weeks, please accept that your application is unsuccessful.
Please forward your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org