Regulatory Compliance SpecialistThe Unlimited Group (Pty) Ltd
Purpose of the Role
Responsible for the on-going implementation and maintenance of The Unlimited’s overall compliance program as well as build relationships with key stakeholders, including FSCA and Information Regulator in particular, and ensure that the company’s compliance and market conduct objectives are achieved.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements (including but not limited to LTIA, STIA, PPR’s, FAIS, FICA/AML and POPI specifically)
- Promote a culture that contributes to the overall objective of prudent market conduct and compliance management.
- Represent The Unlimited and its position with the relevant insurers.
- Monitor compliance across the business and conduct routine assessments of key functional areas.
- Facilitate implementation of regulatory solutions, which take cognizance of The Unlimited’s business model and risk appetite.
- Implement and review control measures relative to risk across the business.
- Complete statutory returns (including CBR’s) and ensure that the company’s obligations to the regulators are met.
- Assess compliance by strategic partners, including distribution owners, with requirements and ensure that corrective actions are implemented
- Responsible for the identification of POPI risks, implementation of The Unlimited’s POPI governance framework, processes and controls, assessment of effectiveness and monitoring of POPI compliance overall
- Implement plan for data protection
- Ensure own understanding of all systems that acquire the storing and transferring of data
- Work with IT and Information Security to ensure robust data security
- Assist with Privacy Impact Assessments as well as security and site inspections
Knowledge and Experience:
- Appropriate degree / compliance diploma.
- Registered as a Compliance officer with the FSCA preferred
- At least 5 years’ experience in the financial services industry (ideally for a cat 1 FSP).
- Understanding of information security, data governance and IT systems a strong advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation, including but not limited to FAIS, LTIA, STIA, PPR’s, CPA, FICA/AML, POPI, and ECT Act.
- Practical application of legislation.
- Lateral thinker who is not afraid to challenge the traditional way of doing things.
- Relevant practical financial services compliance experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to influence at a senior level.
- Strong evaluative and analytical skills.
- IT skills and knowledge from a POPI perspective an advantage.
If you’re ready to embark on a journey to Unlimit Your Life; The Unlimited is the place for you.
Click here to apply!
To apply for this position please visit the following URL: https://theunlimited.simplify.hr/vacancy/aw6o3y →